This was a tough election. However you voted, we are all feeling it.
The campaign season’s angry rhetoric and negativity certainly didn’t showcase the best version of what America can be. Today, many are understandably feeling as if our country is fractured.
But as a movement of people fighting to end poverty, now is the time to double down and unite to stand up for what is right.
We affirm that poverty IS solvable – and that people united and organized can push for the changes we know will improve the lives of marginalized people here in the United States and around the world.
- We will fight to address runaway inequality that has left so many people behind, especially women and people of color.
- We will fight to strengthen US support for refugees who have nowhere to turn as they flee crises.
- We will fight to raise the federal minimum wage and break the generational cycle of poverty.
- We will fight to protect the most vulnerable people around the world from climate change that has already destroyed their livelihoods.
- We will stand up for what is right, what is fair and what is just.
Stand with us.
There is no question that this work will only be more important and challenging today than it was yesterday. So we’ll be calling on you to raise your voice.
Thank you for being such a critical part of our fight against poverty.